Wednesday, November 28, 2012

my interview with the coolest 13 year old ever


  • Last winter I was lucky enough to meet the coolest 13 year old ever. I trekked all the way down from Philadelphia to North Carolina to hang out with Chanelle for a little after we had graduated NYU. I had met Chanelle's best friend, Beth, a few times before and absolutely adored her. (she writes an awesome blog that you can read here) But what I didn't know was that Beth seriously has the funniest, coolest little sister ever, Ashley! Ashley was awesome enough to agree to let me interview her for my blog and I'm so glad she did. 13 year olds are awesome and we can learn a lot from them so next time you're about to roll your eyes at a tween, THINK AGAIN YA BIG LUG. 

    TGG= The Good Girl

    AB= Ashley

    TGG: ASHLEY! Thank you so much for doing this! 

    AB: Sure!

    TGG: Awesome. First question. What is it like to be 13 years old in 2012?

    AB: Uhm, it's okay. Sometimes it can be tough because the economy isn't its best these days haha. 

    TGG: Amen sistah! I heard that.

    AB: Yupp. :)

    TGG: If you could say anything to your 8 year old self, what would it be?

    AB: You have a rude of an awakening. lol and I would encourage myself to stay strong because I'm just now experiencing the real world...in many ways.

    TGG: Yeah it's crazy how we look back and realize how easy we had it! If you could pick any person in the world to take you on a date, who would it be and what would you do?

    AB: Can it be a celebrity haha?

    TGG: Of course!

    AB: Greattt! Okay, I would pick Aaron Carter and I would like to go to putt putt with him. <3

    TGG: You don't mind the age difference?

    AB: Uhm okay that might be a little creepy lol. Austin Mahone and putt putt.

    TGG: Haha, nice. I take it you're not a Belieber then? No fancy date with Justin?

    AB: Noooooo! I only like a couple of his songs, NOT him haha.

    TGG: Haha awesome. If you had to be stuck on an island with one member of One Direction, who would it be and why?

    AB: Liam because he is brunette and has brown eyes and seems the cleanest of them all and seems to have a funny personality.

    TGG: Cleanliness is important. What is a message you wish you could tell every girl your age?

    AB: Stay strong! Don't give up! Work hard/play hard. Don't do bad things until marriage. Haha, JK.

    TGG: YES, that is the best. Hey, I agree. So I know you're a huge Britney Spears fan right?

    AB: Yes!

    TGG: What is your favorite Britney song? And which stage of Britney's is your favorite?

    AB: Well, I like a lot of her songs but I like 'Piece of Me' and 'Til the World Ends' would be my top two probably. And my favorite stage of Britney I would say would be the new because she has come to a fresh start, haha. 

    TGG: Yes! I love it. What's something about boys that really annoys you?

    AB: They have no enthusiasm when they text you and they get ticked off easily. They also take foreverrrrr to make a move, like talking to you or making conversations.

    TGG: Preach!!! Well, on the other side of that, what's something you appreciate about boys?

    AB: You do find guys that are gentlemen, but that's rare haha. When you do find a halfway decent guy though, they're really nice....and though it may take awhile for them to actually make conversations with you, once you get to know them you start believing there are good guys out there...I guess they just need to come out of their shell haha...cheezy. 

    TGG: No it's true!! Gotta keep the faith. If you could spend a day with any dead person, who would it be and what would you do?

    AB: It would have to be my grandma. And we used to go to the mall together so I think that would be a good place. 

    TGG: Ashley that is so beautiful and sweet! Thank you for sharing that with me! What is something you wish boys knew about girls that would make life so much easier?

    AB: A girl's' feelings are really touchy. Of course I've never been cheated on because I'm only 13, haha. But they don't realize how much it can hurt a girl...I've just seen those things from my perspective.

    TGG: Wise, I like it.

    AB: Thanks!

    TGG: What do you hope to accomplish in your lifetime?

    AB: To succeed in the entertainment industry lol. I really like acting and dancing.

    TGG: Would you rather give birth to a bunch of kittens or find out you're pregnant with a vampire, like Bella was?

    AB: GIVE BIRTH TO A BUNCH OF KITTENS!!! O:)  (y) <3

    TGG: That's my girl!!! Alright, two more questions.

    AB: Sounds good!

    TGG: If you could change one thing about America, what would it be?

    AB: To be treated equally and keep everything the way God made things.

    TGG: Final question. Where do you see yourself in 10 years, when you're 23?

    AB: Famous and smart if I keep trying.

    * * * 

    Special thanks to Beth for being a cool older sister & Ashley for answering all my questions honestly! 
  • p



No comments:

Post a Comment