Wednesday, September 21, 2011

embracing your inner sassy Latina woman........and Zach Galifiankis

 <3


So Chanelle took my headshots last week and I realized that my inner self is a mix between a sassy Latina woman and.....Zach Galifianakis. I don't know what this says about me but I think it's pretty accurate. And it also got me thinking. I was talking to my sister Rebecca on the phone the other day and expressing to her my nerves/insecurities about not really looking like an actress. You know, the "look." Of course Rebecca was like "Nina, you just have to ROCK how you look, it's you!" And then when Chanelle was taking my pictures for headshots the weirdest thing happened. My inner voice started sounding like Sofia Vergara. You know, heavily accented and confident and I was all like OH HECK YES I AM A STRONG WOMAN WHO IS POSING RIGHT NOW! 


Anyway, what I'm trying to say is YOU'RE THE ONLY YOU AND REJOICE IN THAT. Don't let other people make you feel inferior dammit! I am kind of writing this as advice to myself. Because I'm going to walk into auditions and look around and think "Crap. I'm totally not good enough for this." But that's where my sassy Latina comes in, where I'm all like snapping in a Z-motion and tossing my hair and stuff. You may be thinking, "Nina! Stereotype alert! HELLO!" Chill guys, I'm Puerto Rican so it's totally cool.


Ummmmm.


But really. You think Sofia Vergara lets anyone take down her confidence? I don't think so! Then again, she IS Sofia Vergara but whatever! You don't have to look like a model to feel like a model. Look at Zach Galifiankis in the Hangover. Homeboy was confident as hell and was part of the freaking WOLF PACK. Marching to the beat of his own drum. I think if I can somehow morph the two together--Sofia and Zach--then I have found my happy medium of inner muses. 







No comments:

Post a Comment