Wednesday, July 13, 2011

i solemnly swear...THIS IS NOT ABOUT HARRY POTTER

Guys, as much as I want to write a love letter to the Harry Potter books on the eve of the midnight premier of Deathly Hallows, I can't because something greater is on my heart. Besides, I already blogged my love for those books in my old tumblr. If anyone is interested in that you can go here: http://littlepencil.tumblr.com/post/1355688956/i-could-go-for-a-butterbeer-right-now

Anyway, like my title suggests, this is not about Harry Potter. 

(but for those of you who don't know I'm really freaking excited for tomorrow night!!! as pictured above with Hedwig. Eeep!

Anyways.

Have you ever felt like you are always running after something that just keeps on slipping away? Like, a goal of some sort or a place. I feel like so often in my life I'm chasing something, always just wanting to move move get to the next place. Part of that is good...I like adventure, new experiences and meeting new people. But it can also be really hard, too. Sometimes I think "Well, if I go HERE, then I'll truly be happy." Or, "If I just lose ten more pounds, then I will love myself completely." You know what I mean?

I hate this because I don't want to miss the journey God is taking me on right now. So often my eyes are turned toward an end result and I can't even sit still and be grateful for the moment that I am in. I wonder...what would be different about my life if I truly woke up each morning and thought, "God, today with You is simply enough." I know that I say this in my heart, but do I believe it? Can I believe it?

I can. And I want to. I don't want to wake up one morning in a new city and realize I've been chasing something that has always been there...all along. There is beauty in this season of life, wherever I am right now. 

Guys, I just want to encourage you. To know that even if where you are isn't necessarily where you want to be, there are blessings all around. Aaaaand cue the corny motivational music! No, but for real. It's like, okay, yeah I'm extremely buried in student loans. Okay, yeah I hate my job right now. And yes, there are certain relationships in my life that aren't where they should be. But I need to relax, breathe and know that God is doing something amazing with my life. With all of our lives!

Being jealous over someone else's life is wasted energy. I was just talking to my mom about this the other day. It's so true....Everyday I want to embrace the life the Maker of the Universe has planned for me. 

Sigh. So many thoughts always racing through my brain! I have to say, this week hasn't been too bad though. I've been working a LOT, but all that money is going towards California which is super exciting. (: Each day that gets closer to August 27th, I get a little scared but mostly there is this freeing sense of...'ahhhh.'

Anyway. Just had this little blog post on my heart and thought I'd share with everyone. Also, does anyone else out there LOVE when the air conditioning is so cold you can wear a sweater to bed? It's my favorite!!! Love being cozy on summer nights. Maybe I'll go watch Pride & Prejudice or continue reading 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader'....so close to being done Narnia! Woo!

Love & cozysummernightsnomnomnom,
Nina.


No comments:

Post a Comment