Saturday, March 19, 2011

eh-eh-eh snarky.

I'm in a snarky mood. This usually results from too little sleep, not enough coffee, and running a lot of errands. So this blog post is going to have a hint of snarkiness to it. But, you know, that's life. Right? Sometimes we are chipper and sometimes we just want to punch a really thin wall for the satisfaction of crushing said wall.

I'm always amused when girls post profile pictures on facebook of them with like, a ton of cleavage, or in a bikini with their arms in front of their face that's like "Noooo, don't take my picture!" Which is just hilarious since they put it as their default pic. And then we, women, still have the bolas to get angry when men talk about girls in a way that isn't necessarily respectful. But it's like, okay ladies--don't put yourself out their to be oogled (sp? word?) and then be like, "Oh I am a woman hear me ROAR!" Nah mean?!

It's a problem I have with celebrities who are all like, "Ima use my sexuality as power. So me in that bikini washing that car, dripping wet and scantily clad? Yeah, that's me sticking it to the man!" Hmmm...not sure I agree with you there. But sure, okay, go for it. I don't know. Being a theater major I witnessed a lot of people getting naked...all the time. Which was awkward for me because I don't know, maybe I don't wanna see you naked? But the minute you tell a class of actors, "Do a five minute piece, anything you want!" people just start stripping. I don't get it. Can someone explain this to me?! Can't you still be "artistic" and "deep" and "edgy" keeping your clothes on?

Gosh, this post is so ... mean? I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean at all. Or self-righteous. And I'm sure there will be people who read this and think, "Dang girl, get off your pedestal! Who are you? Judgy McJudgerstein?!"

And you know what? Maybe I am calling girls out on it. But my heart breaks for them. I just want to hug them, tell them listen, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. And wonderfully made. And UNIQUE. There is no one on this earth LIKE YOU. So celebrate being you and--cover up a little! I don't know. It breaks my heart for women in general--and I'm definitely guilty of it at times myself. Heck, I wear bikinis! I LIKE bikinis. There ain't nothing wrong with bikinis! But I think it's where my heart is that matters. Like, there definitely is satisfaction in male attention. No doubt. But I don't want to live like that. I don't want other girls to live like that. We shouldn't, you know?

Will I lose followers over this post? Maybe. But you know, words are words. So I'ma use 'em.

3 comments:

  1. haha... "Judgy McJudgerstein". that's a new one. Good post though.I understand fully wanting to tell young women that there's more to them than their bodies... All off that fades, you know? Then, all they're left with is their personality. They should aim to let that shine through above all. :-)

    http://beyond-my-smile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with this more. I have a friend who always shows her boobs and wonders why guys only want her for her looks. It's because they see that first, and don't get to see her personality. I've always been a conservative dresser, based on my religious views and just my personal tastes, so I don't like to see girls leaving nothing to the imagination whenever I go out.

    ReplyDelete